• Authors: Evan Dicken, R. G. Ziemer, Laura Pearlman
• Narrators: Graeme Dunlop, Jonathan Chaffin, Alexis Goble
• Guest Host: Katherine Inskip
• Audio production by Jeremy Carter
• Why They’re Never About The Good Ones is a Cast of Wonders original!
• The Finder is a Cast of Wonders original!
• Why I Hate Zombie Unicorns was originally published in Shimmer (Vol. 20, August 2014)
• Read along with the text of Why They’re Never About The Good Ones
• Read along with the text of The Finder
• Read along with the text of Why I Hate Zombie Unicorns
• Discuss this story on our forum
• For a list of all our stories, authors and narrators, visit our Wikia page
• Come visit us on Facebook and Twitter
Listen above or download here.
Evan Dicken’s work has most recently appeared in Analog, Pseudopod, and The Overcast, and he has stories forthcoming from publishers such as Unlikely Story, Fantasy Scroll, and Chaosium. Follow him online.
Graeme Dunlop is a Software Solution Architect. Despite his somewhat mixed accent, he was born in Australia. He loves the spoken word and believes it has the ability to lift the printed word above and beyond cold words on a page. He and Barry J. Northern founded Cast of Wonders in 2011 and can be found narrating or hosting the occasional episode, or working on projects behind the scenes. He has read stories for all of Escape Artists podcasts. Graeme lives in Melbourne, Australia with his wife Amanda, and crazy boy dog, Jake. Follow him on Twitter.
R. G. Ziemer was born on the South Side of Chicago. He has taught English, worked construction, and never stopped writing. He presently teaches composition at the College of DuPage and is working to complete a YA novel, The Ghost of Jamie McVay. His poetry has recently appeared in the journals Prairie Light Review and Rivulets.
Jonathan M. Chaffin is the designer and writer behind the Cthulhu tiki mug and other horror-themed barware collections from Horror In Clay; each object has a backstory and contributes to a narrative for the collection. He also co-owns Mug Crate, the quarterly tiki mug subscription box, has narrated and designed for Pseudopod, and frequently speaks on all things tiki, horror, crowdfunding, and pop culture at events like DragonCon and Anachrocon. He also writes horror movie reviews for The Collinsport Historical Society from time to time.
Laura Pearlman lives in California with two cats and no unicorns. Her stories have appeared in Shimmer, Flash Fiction Online, Daily Science Fiction, the Unidentified Funny Objects 4 anthology, and Mothership Zeta. You can follow her online and on Twitter.
Alexis Goble has been a slush reader for Cast of Wonders since the spring of 2015. She’s new to the world of audio, and you may have heard her Staff Pick episodes last January. Alexis lives in Cincinnati with her partner in a 100-year-old house. You can occasionally find her on Twitter.
The Little Wonders theme “Neversus” is by Alexye Nov, available at MusicAlley.com.