For the last two years, February has been Artemis Rising month across the Escape Artists’s podcasts. The event returns in March 2017, and for the first time Cast of Wonders will be joining the month-long showcase of stories by women and nonbinary authors in genre fiction.
Submissions for new short fiction will run September 1st through 30th at our Submittable portal. Anyone who identifies as a woman, to whatever degree they do, and non-binary authors are welcome and encouraged to submit a story.
Our fellow EA podcasts are also taking original submissions for the event. Please visit EscapePod for science fiction, Pseudopod for horror, and Podcastle for fantasy.
As always, we strongly encourage submissions from people of backgrounds that have been historically underrepresented or excluded in fiction, including, but not limited to, people of color, LGBTQ authors, persons with disabilities, members of religious minorities, and people from outside the United States. Cast of Wonders strives to publish fiction that reflects the diversity of the human race, so we strongly encourage submissions from these or any other underrepresented groups.
Here’s a summary of the details:
- Payment at $0.06 per word. Please see our general Submission Guidelines for a description of the rights we purchase and our sample contracts.
- Original stories only.
- Word count: 2000 – 6000 words. We’re looking for stand-alone short stories, not flash.
- Submit using a BLIND manuscript format. Check here for an example.
- No multiple submissions. One story per author.
- No simultaneous submissions. Decisions will be finalized by December 1, 2016.
- Submission window runs September 1-30.
We look forward to reading your fiction!
Marguerite Kenner, Editor
Dani Daly and Katherine Inskip, Assistant Editors,
and the entire Cast of Wonders editorial team – Elvis Afriyie, Olivia Denholm, Sally Gill, Alexis Goble, Andrew Kim and Setsu Uzume